CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 8, 2010

War Eagle!

Although I have married into a family of Auburn fans, it's really all about the mascots for me. Saturday, I went with RJ to an Auburn homecoming game. We wished a Happy 30th Birthday to TIger VI, who retired in 2006. She's a beautiful golden eagle who used to fly around the stadium on game days to get the crowd pumped up. Aubie, the teams' other mascot, also showed up at the birthday party. I loved watching his antics on the sidelines during the game.

Aubie
Although seeing the Auburn Tigers win their homecoming was exciting, getting to see Tiger and Aubie was a highlight for me. I guess this is what happens when your high school team tried hard, but didn't have any wins to show for it, and you go to a college without a football team.

After the Auburn win, I got to see first-hand the tradition of rolling Toomer's Corner. After their victories, fans join at this intersection to roll the trees. It was a chaotic blizzard of toilet paper. The children on campus really loved seeing if their rolls would make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment