CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!

On Friday, I was a mystery reader at my son's preschool. Before arriving, I wondered how disguised I would be for my reading. The class is made up of 3- and 4-year olds who are pretty sharp. As soon as I walked in the door wearing my "Zoro" mask, one of the little girls in the class hollered out a greeting, obviously recognizing me. My son ran over from the reading circle to grab my legs in a happy welcome hug.

I played ignorant and told them, "I'm your mystery reader. You can guess who I am when I'm done with the book." Although I had a back up book in my car, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, I read a book about an adventurous pumpkin provided by my son's class. Nothing's cuter than 15 preschoolers actually paying attention to you reading.

I wish I had read my pigeon book to the class. Even though it's definitely a children's book, I love it! The pigeon has such a great personality and I'm sure every preschooler can relate to being told "No" whenever they want to do something great like drive a bus. I love the illustrations by Mo Willems.

No comments:

Post a Comment