CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sick Daze

Vintage Vicks Ad from 1946


I'll be the first to admit: I am not a good sick person. I don't like being sick and I'm "Grumpy McGrumpy Pants" when I do get sick. Unfortunately, sickness has come for a visit at our house hitting both CJ and me. So far, RJ has survived unscathed.

I have some sort of cold. Fortunately, having in-laws who are retired pharmacists has great benefits -- like getting recommendations on medicine. So far, their latest suggestion of Mucinex seems to be doing the trick. On a side note, Mucinex is the medicine with the cartoon commercial with the gross looking green guy. Meanwhile, their packaging has nothing to do with that green guy or the color green. It is a very nondescript white box. Looks like they would market it to help you find the product easily. RJ almost didn't find the right one since he was looking for the gross green guy.

I must give a sincere thanks to the makers of Vicks Vapo Rub. That stuff works wonders. It's one of the few things that keeps me from coughing throughout the night. It may just be the memories of having my Mom slather it on my neck when I was a little girl, but that eucalyptus smell always makes me feel better. I've heard of people putting it on their feet, but I've never tried it.

And, I have got to thank the makers of Play-Doh for helping me keep CJ entertained during the past few days. Looks like he caught a stomach bug and has been having trouble keeping his food down. This is a problem for a little boy whose favorite past time is eating. He keeps looking at me with his big brown eyes saying, "I'm hungry. Can I have just a little snack?" So far, his food has been very bland and in very short supply. I hope that tomorrow he can return to his preschool. I've been trying to keep him in the parts of our house without carpeted floors. Playing with Play-Doh in the kitchen has been an ideal location.

I'm hopeful and prayerful that the rest we've gotten today combined with some good medicine will get both of us back to our regular routines tomorrow. I'm watching way much too TV. But I'm having fun exploring some blogs that I usually don't have time to read.

By the way, if you've made it to the end of this post, I'd love for you to Follow Me with Google Friend in the left-hand sidebar of my blog. So far, I have one friend and I'm feeling like I did in middle school when I was the last one picked on the playground. Please help me feel socially accepted in the blogosphere!

6 comments:

  1. Great blog! Now a follower!

    Swanky Baby
    http://swankybaby1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swanky Baby's Mom ~ Thanks for following me. It's great to have blogging buddies. I have several friends who are expecting or have newborns, so I'm looking forward to following your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I hope you are feeling better by now. Don't know if you remember me, I was linked to your blog because of your reply to my comments @InspiredToAction. Looks like we have some common interests and so now I'm a follower too. Oh, and thanks for sharing your tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better! :) Thanks for joining our Spotlight Saturday Blog Hop! I'm following you back.

    Kel
    www.betweenthelines-kel.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Messy Wife ~ Thanks so much for following me. I'm feeling much better now (and so is my little boy). I know how hard it is to feel like you are gaining control of your household. For me, I think my family appreciates the little steps I take to bless them with a house that is a little less chaotic. Today, all I managed to do was take out the garbage. I pray that you will find friends and resources online to help you in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kel ~ Thanks for following me back! I'm feeling much better and even got out and about this weekend to feed my current auction infatuation. Looking forward to checking out the blogs from others on the Spotlight Saturday Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete